HBO Boxing: Miguel Cotto vs. Joshua Clottey

June 13, 2009 at 5:04 PM
Miguel Cotto is my favorite fighter and this is a very risky fight for him. He took a beating from Margarito (illegal hand wraps or not) and I don't think anyone really knows if it damaged him in the short and long term. Clottey as we all know is a very durable fighter that keeps his hands up high and comes forward. He is somewhat like Winky Wright with the turtle shell defense but less technical. I can see Clottey giving Cotto problems toward the later rounds but I think Cotto will realize early on that he will have to box at a patient pace. Cotto will not be able to knock out the durable Clottey and he will have to rely on his foot work and jab to control the fight. The only way I see Clottey winning is if he wears Cotto down and KO/TKO's him. I think a good way to bet this fight is to take Cotto by decision and also to protect yourself with a Clottey by KO bet. I think either way you come out with a profit unless something dramatic, like a bad cut that stops the fight.


Miguel Cotto by Decision -105 2 units
Joshua Clottey by KO +700 1 unit


If Cotto wins by decision you end up winning 1 unit. If Clottey wins by KO you end up winning 5 units.