Floyd Mayweather vs. Ricky Hatton Predictions

December 8, 2007 at 11:58 AM

We all know Floyd Mayweather has the superior speed and talent in this fight but does he have the heart? Every fighter that Mayweather has faced tried to pressure him but eventually gave up or just got tired. Oscar and Judah both had success the first 6 rounds against Mayweather but eventually just tired. Out of all Mayweather's opponents, Hatton is most similiar to Jose Luis Castillo. Castillo nearly defeated Mayweather by being aggressive. Many ringside writers gave the bout to Castillo but Mayweather had escaped with the W that night. If Hatton can fight for 3 minutes of every round, I think the fight will come down to the 12th round. Hatton will definitely get tagged but I think he will throw so many punches that he will win a lot of the close rounds. Hatton is not slow like Baldomir and he is probably even faster than Castillo. Hatton will punch at all angles and will put the pressure on Floyd. Hatton has an underrated defense and footwork. I'm not sure if the HBO 24/7 series has influenced me but I'm going to have to say that Hatton gives Mayweather his first loss. I expect to see a rematch between these two.
Hatton by Decision
_____________________________________________________________
Bernard Hopkins: Will you take the fight?
Joe Calzaghe: Will YOU take the fight?
BH: I already said I'll take the fight.
JC: OK then, let's fight. When you want to do it?
BH: I'm gonna mess up your face.
JC: Nobody's messed up my face. Look at my face. Twenty-five years of fighting and not a mark.
BH: That's because you're fighting in Europe. You're not fighting a legend.
JC: I am a legend.
BH: In Europe.
JC: There's no way you can beat me.
BH: I will never let a white person beat me.
JC: If you fight me, you'll lose.
BH: I will never lose to a white person.
JC: I can't wait man, I can't wait to kick your ass.